Tuesday, May 08, 2007

A Different Photo Shoot

Skimming through the newspaper, I came across an article that spoke of the latest photo shoot by Spencer Tunick. There were a couple of things that made this photo shoot different from the ones that I've heard of in the past. First of all, it involved an estimated 10,000+ models and second is that they all agreed to pose nude for him. And to the best of my knowledge they did this for free. Now, this surely is something new for me.

I must appreciate the freedom of expression (especially for such events) available in some of the foreign countries. You cannot even dream of doing something similar in a society like our's where nudity in public is still an alien concept. I personally would not be comfortable or interested in posing for such an event and this adds to my surprise at the number of people who managed to be a part of the event.

You can read more about this event here. And in case you are interested in being a part of similar shoots in the future, you need to follow this link and sign up. If you sign up and end up being a part of something similar I must say that you are - different. Also, if possible, do let me know your reasons for the same as I fail to understand why would anyone want to do something like this.

No comments: